How To Choose Optical Brightening Agent?
- optical brightener for detergent
including optical brightener CBS-X, DMS/AMS, CBS-155
- optical brightener for paper
including Optical brightener PC, BBU/ BBU-L, VBL/VBL-L
- optical brightener for fiber and textile
- optical brightener for plastic
- optical brightener for paint and ink
including optical brightener UVT-1, ST, OEF, RT
Things to Know When Choosing Brightener Agent For Plastics?
Typical Optical Brighteners For Plastics, Detergent
As chart below, we listed the typical plastic and detergent applied optical brightener
|Application||OBAs Adding Form||Typical OBAs||Issue to mind|
|R-PVC||Dry powder mix||OB||Solubility
|F-PVC||Dissolve or disperse in Plasticizer||OB|
|PS||Dry powder mix before processing||OB|
|ABS||Dry powder mix before processing||OB|
|PC ＜300||Dry powder mix before processing||OB||Heat stability; volatility|
|PC ＞300||Dry powder mix before processing||OB-1|
|PU Film||Dry powder mix before process with granules or solution||Single component
|PU Coating||Dry powder mix before process with a solution||/|
|PU Adhesive||Liquid or dispersion||/|
|PU form||Liquid||Polyhydric alcohol soluble|
|Polyolefin||Dry powder mix||KP 127
|PMMA||Dry powder mix||OB
|UPR||Dissolve FWA into UPR
No side effect during curing
|PET||polycondensation||OB-1||After treatment necessary|
Water based coating
How to Choose Plastic Whitening Agent?
1) How to Choose Optical Brightener for Polyolefins
2) How to Choose Optical Brightener for PVC
It is worth noting that same optical brightener gain different whitening effect in rigid PVC (RPVC) and flexible PVC (FPVC). Bisbenzoxazole or phenyl coumarin group are often used in PVC. When PVC powder, heat stabilizer, fluorescent brightener agent dry mixed, optical brighteners were evenly dispensed. For flexible PVC, OBAs were dissolved or dispersed into plasticizer. It is better to add FWAs in masterbatch form. For transport PVC, optical brightener plus plasticizer masterbatch or OBAs plus PVC masterbatch were used.
3) How to Choose Optical Brightener for Polyurethane?
4) How to Choose Optical Brightener for Engineering Plastics?
5) How to Choose Optical Brightener for Styrenics?
6) How to Choose Optical Brightener for Rubber