Antioxidant, UV Absorber, Optical Brightener And Pigment For PVC
Polyvinyl chloride abbreviated to PVC. PVC comes in two basic forms: rigid (abbreviated as RPVC) and flexible PVC also known as PPVC. The rigid form of PVC is used in construction for pipe and in profile applications such as doors and windows, also bottles, another non-food packaging, and cards (such as bank or membership cards). It can be made softer and more flexible by the addition of plasticizers, In this form, it is also used in plumbing, electrical cable insulation, imitation leather, signage, phonograph records, inflatable products, and many applications where it replaces the rubber.
Antioxidant and UV Additives For PVC
As for PVC, heat stabilizers are used, thus antioxidant is not applied. For UV Stabilizer, RPVC and PPVC varies. For rigid RVC, UV absorber p or uv 320 is recommended. For Plasticised polyvinyl chloride, uv absorber 531 and light stabilizer 944 together shows better performance in UV light protection for PPVC.
|RPVC||Pipe, profiles, bottles|
Non food packing, cards
UV P or 320
|PPVC||plumbing, electrical cable insulation, imitation leather, signage, phonograph records, inflatable products||/|
Optical Brightener For PVC
|Application||OBAs Adding Form||Typical OBAs||Issue to mind|
|R-PVC||Dry powder mix||Ob||Solubility|
|F-PVC||Dissolve or disperse in Plasticizer||Ob|
Frequently used pigment for PVC
1. General Purpose Economic Pigments
2. Pigments with good properties
3. Pigment for outdoor PVC
Things to know when selecting pigments for PVC
1.Only pigment, no dyes for PVC.
2. Light Fastness, it is suggested light fastness level above 5 degree.
3. Immigration, normally use bright color and good migrate resistance pigments.
4. Electrical properties, when coloring insulation materials, electrical properties shall take into consideration as pigment could somewhat decrease PVC electrical propertie.
5. Heat resistance, for RPVC, mid to high heat resistance is required.
6. Safety, for food and medical usage PVC, no toxic and chemosmotic shall allow.