Antioxidant, UV Absorber, Optical Brightener And Pigment For PVC
Polyvinyl chloride abbreviated to PVC. PVC comes in two basic forms: rigid (abbreviated as RPVC) and flexible PVC also known as PPVC. The rigid form of PVC is used in construction for pipe and in profile applications such as doors and windows, also bottles, another non-food packaging, and cards (such as bank or membership cards). It can be made softer and more flexible by the addition of plasticizers, In this form, it is also used in plumbing, electrical cable insulation, imitation leather, signage, phonograph records, inflatable products, and many applications where it replaces the rubber.
Antioxidant and UV Additives For PVC
As for PVC, heat stabilizers are used, thus antioxidant is not applied. For UV Stabilizer, RPVC and PPVC varies. For rigid RVC, UV absorber p or uv 320 is recommended. For Plasticised polyvinyl chloride, uv absorber 531 and light stabilizer 944 together shows better performance in UV light protection for PPVC.
|RPVC||Pipe, profiles, bottles|
Non food packing, cards
UV P or 320
|PPVC||plumbing, electrical cable insulation, imitation leather, signage, phonograph records, inflatable products||/|
Optical Brightener For PVC
|Application||OBAs Adding Form||Typical OBAs||Issue to mind|
|R-PVC||Dry powder mix||Ob||Solubility|
|F-PVC||Dissolve or disperse in Plasticizer||Ob|
Organic Pigment For PVC
Frequently used pigment for PVC
1. General Purpose Economic Pigments
Pigment yellow 61, pigment yellow 168, pigment orange 13, pigment orange 34, pigment red 48:1, pigment red 48:2, pigment red 48:3, pigment red 57:1, pigment red 57:2.
2. Pigments with good properties
Pigment yellow 139, pigment yellow 183, pigment yellow 191. pigment orange 43, pigment yellow 151, pigment red 214, pigment red 242.
3. Pigment for outdoor PVC
Pigment yellow 110, pigment brown 23, pigment brown 25, pigment red 122, pigment blue 15:0, pigment blue 60, pigment green 7, pigment violet 23.
Things to know when selecting pigments for PVC
1.Only pigment, no dyes for PVC.
2. Light Fastness, it is suggested light fastness level above 5 degree.
3. Immigration, normally use bright color and good migrate resistance pigments.
4. Electrical properties, when coloring insulation materials, electrical properties shall take into consideration as pigment could somewhat decrease PVC electrical propertie.
5. Heat resistance, for RPVC, mid to high heat resistance is required.
6. Safety, for food and medical usage PVC, no toxic and chemosmotic shall allow.