Kathon Biocide CMIT/MIT
kathon CMIT/MIT is a biocide, and suitable for wet corrosion of aqueous products and can be used to protect paint, polymer emulsions, adhesives, enamels, fillers, sealants, and other waterbased products against harmful microbiological contamination, it can also be used in diluted metal cutting fluid additive. Equivalent to Kathon CG Lanxess.
Properties & Specification:
Appearance: light blue or cyan liquid
Components Chloromethylisothiazolinone (CMIT) and methylisothiazolinone (MIT)
Active substance: ≥1.50%
Specific gravity: 1.02 -1.05 g/cm3
1. Kathon CMIT MIT is as a broad-spectrum, long-lasting bactericide to kill many bacteria, fungi, and yeasts, the using amount is small.
2. Suitable for use in the medium of a pH value in the range of 2 to 9; free of divalent salt, cross-link no emulsion.
3. Miscible with water; can be added in any production step; easy to use.
4. It has low toxicity and an appropriate concentration of use, which will lead to no harm completely.
5. Cause no residue after discharge and no accumulation of pollution to the environment.
6. It is not combustible and easy to transport and use.
7. Good compatibility with all kinds of emulsifiers, surfactants, and protein-contained agents.
8. It has an excellent, worldwide-recognized effect on pseudomonas.
9. Contain no formaldehyde and VOC.
Packaging and Storage
This product is packed in a net weight closed plastic barrel. It can also be packed according to the user’s needs. The product has a shelf life of six months under normal temperatures and avoiding direct sunlight. The production date is the same batch number.
This product can not be stored in contact with reducing metals, such as metal iron, aluminum, etc., and can not contact with oxidizing and reducing substances.
Isothiazolinone is corrosive and irritating to the skin and eyes. Protective glasses and rubber gloves should be equipped for operation. Once it touches the skin and eyes, it should be washed with plenty of water immediately. If contact with skin, immediately remove contaminated clothes and shoes, rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, apply urea acetate ointment or scald ointment to the affected area, and seek medical treatment immediately.
Sample and Inquiry
Please contact our online sales or mail at [email protected] for a sample and general inquiries.