Optical brightener for plastics
Introduction of optical brightener for plastics
Optical brightener brightening colors or mask yellowing by optically yield a brighter, fresher appearance. Optical brightener agent synonym name OBA which is also known as fluorescent whitening agent(FWA) or fluorescent brightening agent(FBA).
Table 1 Optical brightener for plastic
|Name||Equivalent to||CAS No.||CI Number|
|BX OBA OB||Uvitex/Tinopal OB||7128-64-5||FBA 184|
|BX OBA OB-1||Eastobrite OB-1||1533-45-5||FBA 393|
|BX OBA KCB||Hostalux KCB||5089-22-5||FBA 367|
|BX OBA KSB||Telalux KSB||7128-54-5||FBA 390|
|BX OBA KSN||Hostalux KSN||5242-49-9||FBA 368|
- optical brightener FP-127(fluorescent brightener 378). It’s suited for all kinds of PVC products, is highly effective, and is environment-friendly.
- optical brightener KCB (fluorescent brightener 376). It’s used to replace Clariant Telalux KCB. KCB is especially suited for EVA products, highly effective and environment-friendly.
- optical brightener KSN (fluorescent brightener 368). It’s used to replace Clariant Telalux KSN. KSN is especially suited for thermoplastics and engineering plastics with good weather resistance, highly effective, and also environment-friendly.
- optical brightener OB (fluorescent brightener 184). It’s used to replace Ciba Uvitex OB and BASF Tinopal OB. OB is suited for all kinds of plastics with good light transmittance, and excellent weather resistance, also environment-friendly.
- optical brightener OB-1(fluorescent brightener 393). It’s used to replace Eastman Eastobrite OB-1. OB-1 is suited for all kinds of plastics, effective, immigrant resistant, and environment-friendly.
For more info and selection of optical brighteners for various applications, please check our blog.