Pentaerythritol Stearate properties
Appearance： White powder, soluble in ethanol and benzene.
CAS number 115-83-3
Melting point (℃) 55～65
Acid value ≤2
(mgKOH/g) Iodine value ≤2
(gI2/100g) hydroxyl value (mgKOH/g) 25～35
Saponification value (mgKOH/g) 185～195
Equivalent to, Lonza GLYCOLUBE PETS, FACI PETS-AP/AHS
Other names: PETS.
Pentaerythritol Stearate Features
- Pentaerythritol Stearate has good thermal stability and low volatility at high temperatures, good demoulding, and flow properties, excellent nucleation for partially crystalline plastics, and can be used in transparent products.
- It is beneficial to improve the speed of injection and feeding so that the product can obtain a smooth surface and high finish.
- Can maintain product transparency and color stability.
- As an anti-blocking agent, it is applied to biaxially stretched polyester film to reduce the friction between the film and the film and improve the anti-blocking property of the film.
- As a plasticizer, it plays a plasticizing and lubricating role in the rubber mastication process.
- As a breathable emollient, it can be used in skincare products.
Pentaerythritol Stearate application
- For polycarbonate and alloys, nylon (PA66, PA6), ABS, polyphenylene oxide (PPO), polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) internal and external lubricants and release agents;
- Lubricant and dispersant for thermoplastic polyester (PBT, PET);
- Lubricants and dispersants for other thermoplastic engineering plastics such as PA, POM, PP, ABS, PVC, HIPS, and PE;
- Antistatic agent, lubricant, dispersant, and antifogging agent for polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE);
- Antistatic agent and antifogging agent for polystyrene (PS);
- Stabilizer, antistatic agent, lubricant, and antifogging agent for polyvinyl chloride (PVC);
- Slippery agent and antifogging agent for polyurethane (PU);
- Lubricant for thermoset plastics.
(FDA approved, allowed to be used in food packaging materials).
The additional amount of the inner and outer lubricants is usually between 0.2 and 1.0%, and the manufacturer adjusts the appropriate amount according to the specific situation.
Product packaging and storage
Packed in 25kg plastic woven bag, transportation and storage must be moisture-proof, sun-proof, and stain-proof.